Had oral sex. Getting fever, slimy throat and coughing yellow saliva. Is this an AIDS symtom?

Hi, I had oral sex some 2 weeks ago. We tried to have sex but I couldn't get it in. I had fever last night, in conjunction with slimey throat. (after 1 day of slimey throat I had fever symptoms) I coughed some slime (yellow saliva/snot whatever) and the day after I felt feverish. Now I feel better, still a little hot. Is this an AIDS symtom?
We've had oral sex repeatedly, she hasn't been bleeding or nothing. I'm just spooked about the timing of this sudden fever
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.
I don't think it is AIDS, symptoms are suggestive of upper respiratory tract infection (URTI).
Most of the upper respiratory tract infection are caused by viral in nature and antibiotics are not required. Usually URTI is self limiting and only last for about week.
I advice you to do salt water gargling five to six times a day and steam inhalation. For fever over the counter medications like paracetamol will be enough and for cough you can take over the counter expectorant syrup formulation.
It would be nice if you mention whether your partner is suffering from any STD's.
If the symptom persists more than five days i advice you to see physician for examination and for exact diagnosis.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Had oral sex. Getting fever, slimy throat and coughing yellow saliva. Is this an AIDS symtom? 16 minutes later
Ok.. I just feel a bit sluggish, had fever symptoms today, was coughing up slime yesterday.. been sneezing a bit. Feel slightly better now. My partner did not have an STD as far as I know of. The thing is, this is ackward but what the hell, I never got my penis fully in her. I only sort of grazed her, then it went towards her G-Spot are for a bit. Is that enough to transmit AIDS?
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 21 minutes later
Good to hear from you.
Presently i don't think you have any STD, you just have URTI and advice you to follow the conservative approach as mentioned above.
Sexual activity is the predominant mode of transmission, through genital, anal, or oral mucosal contact.
Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.