Had oral and vaginal intercourse. What are the chances of getting HIV?

Hi, I had a oral and vaginal sex with prosstitute wearing 2 condom 6 days back and intercourse lasted for 2 mins . but there is not condom breakage . can i get HIV ? and waht Test should i perfrom to verift that and where in bangalore.
Posted Sat, 25 Aug 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 1 hour later
Thanks for using the XXXXXXX I am happy to address your questions, the spread of HIV can occur when the secretions come in contact with tissues such as those lining the vagina, anal area, mouth, eyes (the mucus membranes), or with a break in the skin, such as from a cut or puncture by a needle. The test used most commonly for diagnosing infection with HIV is referred to as an ELISA. If the ELISA finds HIV antibodies, the results must be confirmed, typically by a test called a Western blot. HIV antibody tests remain the best method for diagnosing HIV infection. Recently, tests have become available to look for these same antibodies in saliva, some providing results within one to 20 minutes of testing. Antibodies to HIV typically develop within several weeks of infection. During this interval, patients have virus in their body but will test negative by the standard antibody test, the so called "window period XXXXXXX In this setting, the diagnosis can be made if a test is used that actually detects the presence of virus in the blood rather than the antibodies, such as tests for HIV RNA or p24 antigen. Recently, a new test has been approved that measures both HIV antibodies and p24 antigen, shrinking the duration of the window period from infection to diagnosis. There also are many testing laboratories in and around Bangalore city that are routinely screening blood samples that are HIV-antibody negative for HIV RNA. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. Thanks
Follow-up: Had oral and vaginal intercourse. What are the chances of getting HIV? 35 minutes later
Is there any chances me to get the HIV as there is no fluid contact when i had intercourse ( used 2 condoms ) ??

Also let me know which test should i do now ( as its only 6 days ) to confirm and also can you provide the testing laboratories name in bangalore .
Answered by Dr. Rajeev Chavda 2 hours later
Thanks for your kind response, the chances are negligible but yet its better to get yourself checked. You could get an ELISA test as well as Complete Blood Count done and get the immediate findings with your clinician. He may ask a repeat test if there are any suggestive findings. In Bangalore there is a chain of HIV testing centres like Thyrocare or Asian Diagnostics which you could contact. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health