Had numbness in thumb causing neck pain. Get click sound when move neck. What to do?

Nov 2013

Hi i am 33 years old female. Two years back my left thumb went was ok within 3 weeks...however since then my neck hurts a lot....i have difficulty moving my head and carrying weight causes neck pain.....there is also click sound when i move my head around neck gets stiff and when i move it with click sound it gets ok......what kind of doctor should i see neurologist or orthopedician.....
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Thank you for posting your query. Detailed Answer: Hi, Based on the symptoms, it seems that there is compression of nerves in the neck due to bulging of discs. This can be confirmed by doing an MRI scan of the cervical spine. You can consult a neurologist for evaluation and opinion regarding treatment. I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,