Had numbness at back. Neck hurts with movement. Cannot carry weight. Is it curable?

Hi i am 33 years old female. 2 years back my left went numb it was ok in 3 weeks but since then my neck always hurts especially after i wake up.....there is always difficulty in moving my head. I cannot carry any weight with my hands as it would always cause neck this problem curable,....what kind of doctor i should see . Neurologist or orthopedician
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Orthopedician experienced with spine surgery.... Detailed Answer: Hi, You seem to be suffering with neck pain predominantly noticed early in the morning associated with restricted neck movements. The pain may be affecting your upper limbs especially while lifting weight. Neurological deficits occurred once which recovered over 3 weeks. Based on these features, I suspect you could be suffering with an ongoing cervical neck problem - degenerative or inflammatory. Generally these are symptoms that may persist just like any age related symptoms. However with active intervention, we can be able to control the way the condition progress and perhaps stop the progress too. In my opinion you should consult an orthopedician with specific skills towards spine. If you are unable to find spine specialist nearby your locality, you can consult a regular orthopedician. The doctor would run scans (MRI scan) of your cervical (neck) spine along with basic blood investigation - hemogram, ESR, CRP, Vitamin D, calcium and few more to confirm / classify the problem. I recommend you not to wait for too long. Start looking for the concerned specialist at the earliest. You will have more answers and information about this problem after the consultation. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards