Had novasure procedure. Getting smelly light red discharge. Any infection?

I had the novasure procedure on January 7th 2013 and I am having a smelly light red discharge. I also noticed a few clumps in my discharge. I am very concerned that I may have some type of infection. I am 45 yrs old.
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 45 minutes later

Slight discharge which may be reddish, brownish or yellowish is normally seen either immediately or after a couple of weeks later following the procedure. If it turns greenish or smells bad, there must be infection.

As you have a smelly discharge, you should get an examination done by your gynecologist to exclude infection. Though it is an office procedure, as it involves introduction of a foreign body, chances of infection are present. Meanwhile keep yourself clean by washing the private parts with mild antiseptic solution.

The clumps could possibly be shed endometrial epithelium. I advice you to get instructions from your doctor after an examination.

Hope I have clarified your doubts. If you need any further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.