Had novasure ablation with 3 weeks of severe pain, pink spotting. Had sex from behind, now uterine pain. Advise ?

May 2013
I had novasure ablation with three weeks of excruciating pain and pinkish spotting with small pink clots apr 11/2012. Pain lessened. But seemed I was always leaking copious clear mucous, odorous yellowish transparent mucous, brownish mucous, pinkish mucous with small pink tissue, one period light and red for three days after 28 days to the day of when last period was (apr 6) and in last two weeks some clear mucous so husb and I finally had sex last three days. Sorry to be graphic but tonight we had sex from behind and then inserted a small sex toy while I masturbated to first orgasm since march and now I'm in considerable uterine pain (my dr told me I "have a very large uterus and when it hurts it will really tell me") and light bleeding (more blood all over husb and toy and toilet paper was a little scary than light spotting now going on in pants). I'm worried--did we hurt me or tear something? It hurts :(
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

After novasure procedure cramping pain of abdomen can be seen for some days,
The discharge,
-watery or bloody discharge after procedure is normal,
-it can start immediately after procedure or some weeks later,
-it can stop early or may continue for months,
-it can be intermittent also,

After procedure periods can completely stop in some people, in 40% cases there will be light bleeding as you had.

the possible causes for your pain and bleeding are,
-in case of bulky uterus if it is in retroverted position during the intercourse the pressure can move it causing pain,
-in case of scarring of upper part of lower genital tract because of procedure, friction can cause bleeding,
-vaginal wall injuries can occur after intercourse called post coital injuries which can will cause pain will bleeding,
-chances of presence of cervical polyps are there which by touch can bleed,

so now you consult your doctor once and get physical examination, speculum examination and ultrasound examination,
which will possibly find out the cause and treatment can be given according to that.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.