Had normal period. Did anal sex, having delayed periods, mid cycle pain and breast tenderness. Chances of pregnancy?

Mar 2016

good morning,

i had my period on April 1st which lasted about 3/4days, right after my period i went through a big trauma, on the 7th of april about two days i finished my period i had anal sex, i am not sure if he came or not inside me but the truth is i did not feel wet at all, my period is late by 5 days now, i got my mid cycle period pains like usual but just tummy pain, no breast tenderness this month or migrains like i usually get, did two home pregnancy tests, one on the 4th of may and one on the 6th of may and both came negitive, i really do not wish this pregnancy at all,can i still be pregnant or is my period delayed because i keep imagining that im pregnant,

i would really appriciate your answer as im so worried and it is affecting my day to day life.

Thank you so much
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 51 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us. I am trying to solve your problem.

In above type of sexual activity, your chance of being pregnant is almost nil as you did anal sex just 2 days after period over which was quite safe. Also your last two pregnancy tests are negative. Period date may alter up to 7 days due to hormonal imbalance & mental stress. So don't be worried about that.

Besides pregnancy, there are several reasons for late period like stress/ anxiety, irregular eating habit, overweight or extreme loss, ovarian cyst, high prolactin level, thyroid disturbance, pelvic/ vaginal infection, psychological factors due to fictitious imagination etc.

Here you can wait for few days to get period normally. If you do not get it in this time period, you need to consult with a gynecologist who can guide for relevant investigations (like pelvic ultrasound scan, hormone assay etc) after a physical examination. Proper treatment depends on underlying etiological factors.

The following measures can be helpful :

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements.
2) Complete avoidance of salty/ fatty/ junk/ fast food stuffs. Keep bowel habit regular.
3) Try to avoid stress by yoga/ deep breathing/ meditation regularly (20-30 minutes).
4) Drink plenty of water and eat more green vegetables & fresh fruits.
5) Control body weight by regular physical exercise. Maintain personal hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen.
Follow-up: Had normal period. Did anal sex, having delayed periods, mid cycle pain and breast tenderness. Chances of pregnancy? 22 minutes later
I thank you so much for your answer, it has been a terrible time for me last month and to be honest i just want closer with everyting related with it,

once again thank you so much for your answer and i wish you such a pleasant rest of the day and good health to you and your family

Thank youuu
Answered by Dr. S Patra 9 minutes later

Thanks for your response. You are most welcome in our XXXXXXX platform.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
If you do not need any other clarification, you can close the discussion & rate the answer.

Be well & stay healthy. Good luck.

Dr Soumen.