Had non protective foreplay and now have delayed periods. Pregnant?

Me and my girlfriend were engaged in some non protective foreplay and around 10 days before her period and now there is delay in her period by around 7 days. Can she be pregnant?
Posted Wed, 7 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Foreplay does not result in pregnancy but I doubt the intimate sessions spent by couples. I'd suggest for a urine pregnancy test which rules out pregnancy for sure.

So instead of being anxious and stressful, test with early morning pregnancy.

If you still have queries after the test let me know.
Follow-up: Had non protective foreplay and now have delayed periods. Pregnant? 17 hours later
During foreplay, the penis was limp and dry. No insertion happened, i only rubbed penis on vagina and fingered her. During that time she discharged a lot of fluids from vagina. She has taken the early morning pregnancy test twice and the results are negative. One correction, her periods are delayed by 5 days. From past few days, she is having cramps and a tight lower abdomen along with a white discharge from vagina. If not pregnancy, what could be the reason for such a delay in periods? Are the results of urine test reliable? We are very much tensed, please help.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 19 hours later
The Urine pregnancy test are reliable. You should not worry, you can retest with urine preg test early in the morning.

The cramps and tight lower abdomen are due to stress. The anxiety is stressful for women, the waiting for period is still more stressful. The physiology of periods is complex and mainly involves hormones. These hormones are highly sensitive to stress.

Let her take enough fluids, coconut water, barley water, rice water, buttermilk to handle the cramps.

Please do not panic everything will be alright soon.
Follow-up: Had non protective foreplay and now have delayed periods. Pregnant? 9 hours later

Thanks for your suggestions. In between my girlfriend consulted a Gynecologist regarding delay in Pregnancy out of anxiety. The doctor suggested a course of Norethisterone 5mg for 5 days twice daily. Will it be good to use the tablet at this stage? Is there any other way to start periods manually? Please provide your suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 15 hours later
The medicine by the doctor is progesterone supplement. It has a good chance to start the period. However, she can relax and still get the period in a XXXXXXX period of one month. If not then you can go ahead with your doctor suggestions.

In any case, the definite reason cannot be established until psychological barrier are existing. Do relax and no worries please at this time.