Had nominal flow during periods. Had sex. Pregnancy test negative. Is this a matter to worry?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
Hi doc.Me and my gf have a sex in last mont.Her date was due on 3rd of XXXXXXX She came on 2nd of XXXXXXX But she has very little or nominal flow which ended on 3rd XXXXXXX Then we tested but it was negative. Is there any worry?
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Are you concerned about STDs?
I don't think a mere 1 day preponment of period is indicator of any STD.
What all tests have you undergone?
Is there any other symptoms or associated illness?
Is she under any medication?
I hope you will come with fresh informations.

Follow-up: Had nominal flow during periods. Had sex. Pregnancy test negative. Is this a matter to worry? 5 minutes later
Doc I am asking about pregnanc. Is she ppregnan? We had done two pregnacy test at hhome.But both was negative.Is there any worry because she has very low flow during her period.Period colour was deep inbbrown . usually she has normal flow and it remains fot 3 to 4 day.But in this mont it was only for one and a half days with little flow.

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 59 minutes later
Hi
I am so sorry. I misinterpreted.
A single act can result in a pregnancy, particularly if it is done at midcycle and without contraception.
Regarding pregnancy test kits: Some of them may not give positive result if done very early after conception.
Has she missed the next period also(Expected around end of XXXXXXX and early july)?
If yes, kindly do visit an obstetrician as soon as possible.
Hope it's clear.

Follow-up: Had nominal flow during periods. Had sex. Pregnancy test negative. Is this a matter to worry? 20 minutes later
Doc what I am trying to ask u that she has got her period on 2nd of july.But her flow was very minimum and scanty.It also last only for one and half days.Period colour was deep brown.Her period date was on 3rd of july.She got her test done on 6th july at home.But it was negative. Is she pregnant or only a irregular menstrual cycle. Plz tell me doc.

Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 42 minutes later
Hi
Don't worry.
Just cool down.
There is hardly any chances that she is pregnant. Because you have done the test at right time.
Hope you got your answer.
If you have no more to ask, you may close the discussion and rate it.