Had nissen fundoplication surgery. Having acid reflux. Chances of GERD?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I had nissen fundoplication surgery 2 months ago.

The acid reflux seems to have gone away although periodically I think I can feel a slight amount

I am still on a liquid soft diet but think my swallowing is slowing improving

My question is that everyday I have a terrrible taste in my mouth--worse than the taste I had with the GERD

Can you help--thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 7 hours later

Thanks for writing in

Though medically there is no reason for the bad taste after Nissen fundoplication we find some patients with the same complains

I would advise you go for a chew-able Vitamin C tablet twice a day for two to three weeks

This has helped my patients in healing and also is the recovery of the bad taste

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of conern

Wishing you a healthy life ahead