Had nissen fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair. Suffering from acid pain. Taking zoton and gaviscon. Suggest?

I have had a nissen fundoplication and hiatal hernia repair 2 weeks ago. To my distress I am still suffering from acid pain after I eat. I saw my surgeon after 10 days and he said it was too early to do anything yet. He said that acid could not be coming up into the oesophagus now but it could be acid in the stomach. I am back taking zoton and gaviscon but my capacity to eat has been reduced and to eat only small amounts now causes more pain than eating more before the surgery. Could the wrap have slipped or maybe it is not tight enough because I have not experienced any problem with swalloing? Thank you
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Neither the wrap is too tight nor it has slipped

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in XXXXXXX I am a Gastroenterologist (DM).

It may be gas bloating syndrome which is usually a self limiting process usually within 4 weeks. Wrap do not slip like that. If it would have been too tight then there would have been difficulty in swallowing rather postprandial fullness as you have described. For this you have to observe whether milk or milk products worsen your symptoms if yes, then please avoid them. Avoid artificial sweetners also as they produce excessive gas. Also take less fibrous and fatty diet. If still not relieved then take a prokinetic agent like domperidone which will hasten the propelling of food from stomach to small intestine and thus will help in relieving symptoms. May continue with proton pump inhibitor zoton.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to answer that too. Remain in touch and get-well soon.