Had night sweats, headache, shivers and cough. All well except cough. X-ray showed shadow. Can it be lung cancer?

Cardiac Surgeon
My husband aged 51 had night sweats , headache ,shivers and a cough for a couple of months. All these symptoms are now gonehe feels well except for a very slight cough occassionaly. He has had blood tests that are clear but an xray has shown a shadow on r hand side. He has been referred to a consultant at the local hospital , I am so worried in case it is lung cancer but my husband says that would have shown up in blood tests.
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Nisarga 52 minutes later
The symptoms which he had for one month suggestive of some acute bacterial or viral infection which is of temporary concern.
The blood test as you have mentioned are normal. I hope ESR also is normal.
The patch in the x XXXXXXX would be because of the pneumonia(lung infection) which he had. In that case there will be a shadow of that kind. If that is the cause, you don't have to worry, will disappear in the due course.
Is he a smoker? If not does he have any other symptoms like weight loss/blood in the sputum?
Be relaxed and get further checks done.
I wish him good health.