Had nephroctomy done. Now noticed high bp, occasional missed heart beat. ECG normal. Thoughts?

Dear Sir
I unnderwent nephroctomy 12 years back. I normally undergo checkup. the recent test was done few months back and Doctor (Urologist) advised every thing as fine.
However to avoid weight increase I used to do excecise,where I noticed missing beat in heart. Cardiologist also observed the same. Holtermeter is about to come.
I also noticed high BP 150/90 two times last week.
Later when I was relaxed ECG resulted came as normal
Please advise if this is sign of any upcoming issues for my Kidney.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 5 hours later

Occasional missed beats are OK if there are no other problems on ECG.

However you raised BP is a matter of concern.

It could be hypertension starting at an earlier age, due to a single kidney, esp if you have family history of high blood pressure.

A urine test for protein, ultrasound and serum creatinine will help you assess your kidney is OK.

Whichever may be the case it is important you be on blood pressure medications to control your BP to below 140/90 (preferably below 130/80), to keep your kidney safe

Warm regards