Had myomectomy done. Having abdominal pain. Related to surgery?

May 2013
I had a myomectomy about a year ago, and lately i have started experiencing some random abdominal pains. It usually occurs a day after i had held my stomach in over and over again, like doing crunches, but the pain sometimes last for days. It was so unbearable today i had to leave work. It feels like a very intense stomach cramp or like someone kicked me repeatedly in my stomach. Does this have any connection with that surgery???
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Sometimes adhesions can occur after undergoing abdominal surgery.
These can cause abdominal discomfort and sometimes may lead to severe pain also.
So you once consult gynecologist and go for ultrasound to find out the possibility of adhesions and also to rule out any other possible causes.
If the adhesions are excessive, you may need diagnostic and therapeutic laparoscopy for adhesiolysis.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.