Had mucous in stool. Have urgency to go to toilet. Suggest treatment for hemmoroid and diverticulitis

For past week have had mucous in stool. Small, finger sized stool which is loose. I go three or four times per day with a feeling of intense, almost uncontrollable urgency. I feel crampy in my abdomen. What may be causing this and what treatment can help? At last colonoscopy, I was told I have a small hemmoroid, and diverticulosis
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 36 minutes later
Brief Answer: Seems like an infection. Antibiotics will help Detailed Answer: Hello sir, Thanks for asking the question. From the description you have provided, I strongly suspect some sort of infection, most likely bacterial or parasitic. I would advise my patients to do a stool routine and microscopic exam to find the exact cause. If it is either bacterial or parasitic infection, you will be best served by a course of appropriate antibiotics. So, my advise to you is to kindly consult your PCP and get yourself examined and get the blood counts and stool exam done to find the exact cause for your symptoms. Hope I have answered your query. Please revert back if you need further assistance. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Warm regards,