Had mucaine gel. Feeling nausea, developed itchy red rashes all over top half of body. Any advice?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I had some mucaine gel. Shortly afterwards I have developed rashes and redness all over the top half of my body. This was accompanied by a felling of nausea and giddiness. My body is itching all over. Please advise what I can do for relief.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 42 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.
First, if you have any breathing difficulties and progression of symptom you should go to ER. This is probably minor hypersensitive reaction but sometimes it can become very serious.
If you have any antihistamine medicine at home you should take it. If not go to your GP or pharmacy for it. Before that drink 5dcl of water. Wash your body in cool water and you can apply some toothpaste on the most itchiest places.Or you can ask pharmacist for specialy creams.
Dont scratch it,it can become infected. After this avoid mucaine, take some other antiacid medicines.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help