Had mosquito bites on forehead, neck and shoulder. Feel ad hurt forehead. Having swelling till eye. What to do?

Emergency Medicine Specialist
Hi my name is XXXXXXX I have a 4 year old daughter and we went to her brothers house for the 4th of July and she had 2 mosquito bites one in her forehead and the other one in the middle of her shoulder and neck and both of them are super big like a huge bump when I see the one in the forehead I ask her if she fall and hit her head she said no Mommy I ask her does it itch she said no, does it hurt no, when I touch it, it feels soft not a hard bump, the second day it looks like it start going down but it was expanding I start getting worried I ask her the same questions to see if it bother her and she said no but today the swelling is more down to her left eye and the eye looks swelling and little and in between the two eyes too but it doesn't bother her at all what can it be?? And I would like to know if it was a mosquito and if she allergic, thanks for your help Doctor :)
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Thanks for writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that the swelling is due to inflammation as a result of mosquito bite.

You should get her examined by her doctor.

She can be given anti-inflammatory medicines and antibiotic to cure the cellulitis, if present.

Swelling in the forehead and near the eyes take a longer time to disappear due to
presence of loose tissue in the skin in that area.

I hope this is helpful to you.
If you have any further query, I will be happy to help.
Follow-up: Had mosquito bites on forehead, neck and shoulder. Feel ad hurt forehead. Having swelling till eye. What to do? 5 hours later
Thanks a lot Doctor I will take her to her Dr. Tomorrow early , thanks again :) Have a good Day
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 7 hours later

I wish her good health.

Regards. Thanks.