Had missed period. Having headaches and feel nauseous. HPT negative. What could be the cause?

Question
Hello. I am 40 yrs old never missed my period. I missed it last month it still hasn't started. I was very sexually active with my boyfriend. I took blood test 2 weeks ago said negative. But I stay nauseous and on again off headaches
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
From your symptoms, the delay in your periods could be due to pregnancy. Since you had a blood test two weeks ago and the nausea is persistent, it is best to get a repeat test done for pregnancy.
In case the test is negative then the delay in periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, anaemia, etc.
It is best to consult your gynecologist and get the hormonal tablets prescribed to get a withdrawal bleeding after the pregnancy is ruled out.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had missed period. Having headaches and feel nauseous. HPT negative. What could be the cause? 2 minutes later
Sorry to bother you,so even though I had a blood test and it was negative. I still could be pregnant?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The blood test is 99% accurate. But since you took the test two weeks ago, a delayed conception is a possibility that can be ruled out after a repeat blood test.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.