Had miscarriage twice. Have low sperm motiliy. Reason for miscarriage, and when to plan again?

I have been married for two years and between these two years my wife had conceive two times and she had miscarriage .We had gone for through checkup and doctors told me that my sperm count and morphploy is normal ,but my motility is 45% .Just wanted to ask if my sperm motility was less ,it would have the reason for my wife miscarrige.If that is the reason can you suggest the treatment for it.And other details so that we can have a child .Her periods have started form 25/06/13 ,can u suggest when we should be in contcat for fher to conceive
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 20 minutes later
Ideally sperm motility should be more than 60%.
However due to decreased motility there are more chances of infertility and not of miscarriage.
Cause of more than 50% miscarriage in first trimester is unknown & remaining can be due to chromosomal abnormality, delayed fertilization or infection.
If your wife is having regular period you should have intercourse on 10th,12th, 14th,16th & 18th day of cycle.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Follow-up: Had miscarriage twice. Have low sperm motiliy. Reason for miscarriage, and when to plan again? 6 minutes later
Thank you for your prompt reply ,How can I increase the motility.
Can you suggest some medicines for it or treatment for the same
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 38 minutes later
Welcome back.
As your wife has conceived twice you should not be worried about it
However sperm motility can be increased by doing regular exercise, yoga, meditation & wearing loose undergarments.
I hope you are satisfied with my answer.
Thank you