Had miscarriage, no menstrual cramps, heavy bleeding, painful bowel movement. Ovulation pains. No cyst

May 2013
I recently suffered a miscarriage on feb 24th ( 6.5 weeks) after getting pergnant after trying to conceive for 1 month. Igot my period 5 weeks after d& C and have gotten back to my normal period routine. i have textbook periods, every 28 or 29 days with the standard 5 days no menstrual cramps. I bleed heavy the 2 and 3rd day and then the 4th and 5th day is very light....when i ovulate i get the pain on my left side for minutes. i occasionally have a painful bowel movement on the first day of my period(once of twice a year, both my sis and my mom get that) but i have changed my diet to healthier eating and i notice that i hardly get that anymore

But after my miscarriage, i have ovulation pains more intense on ov day ( not too intense that i cant work but noticeable) and i have little twiges here and there all day days after Ovulation day.... i am currently 6 days past ov and am still having the pains

i went to the doctor and he did a scan and there was no cyst, he also saw my corpus lutem since i OV'd the day before the appointment.
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
thanks for the query.

The of pain during ovulation is called Mittelschmerz syndrome.
It can be seen
-in around 20 to 30% of women,
-can be seen in every cycle or intermittently,
-the pain can present for few hours or two to three days or may be last up to next cycle.
-It can be localized to the side of the ovary which is ovulated.

The possible reasons for intense pain after undergoing D&C are,

-normally also there can be fluctuations in the characteristics of ovulatory pain and it may continue for more than a week in some women.

-D&C may lead to pelvic inflammatory disease(PID) in some women, means infection of ovaries and fallopian tubes,
This may not be detected by ultrasound sometimes.
As pain during ovulation occurs because of follicular swelling, rupture of ovarian wall, contraction of fallopian tubes etc, in presence of pelvic inflammatory disease the pain will intensify.

Under guidance of your gynecologist,
Intense pain can be treated by analgesics,
hormonal contraceptives also effective by subsiding ovulation but in case of desirous of children they should be avoided.
In case of PID antibiotics should be used

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.
Follow-up: Had miscarriage, no menstrual cramps, heavy bleeding, painful bowel movement. Ovulation pains. No cyst 3 minutes later
my follow up question is, could it be a symptom of endrometrosis...i do not have a history of any of the symptoms and no one in my family suffered from it, but i was just wondering.

also, it is not an intense pain, it is a dull ache just like i get around ovulation day. i am fimilar with Mittelschmerz syndrome as i always had it but for a few mins on OV day. for the last 3 months it last pretty much 2 weeks out of the month....
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 43 minutes later
hi ,

It can also be due to endometriosis but endometriosis related ovulatory pain usually,

-will begin 12 to 24 hours before ovulation,
-can be acute pain with stabbing nature,
-may lost for few days.

Endometriosis will normally associated with other symptoms like pain before and during periods, pain during intercourse, irregular periods etc.

the familial tendency is 7% in endometriosis.
anyhow the possibility can not be completely ruled out.

so if the pain not subsiding you better visit gynecologist, discuss these possibilities and take treatment as I told before with her advice.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.