Had miscarriage. Having positive result for HPT. Trying to conceive

May 2013
hilast year i had my miscarige the reason was still unknown but their was continous pain on my left side below during my pregnancy and the pregnancy test done by me at home was positive but not dark as the firstline was my doctor told me reason can be anything as i had my first child with normal delivery now on 19th may it going to be 6months for my miscariage now i want to plan again is it the right time to plan or shall i need to wait for more time
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

Yes, now you can plan pregnancy as it is already six months over after the miscarriage.
By this time all systems like hormonal, blood hemoglobin levels, uterus etc. might have returned to normal state.
Usually first trimester miscarriages will occur due to chromosomal abnormalities, defective implantation etc. But these will not usually recur in next pregnancy.
So you track your ovulation in this menstrual cycle and plan unprotected intercourse around that period.
If you cross your expected date of periods, wait for 4 to 5 days and go for pregnancy test.
If the test comes positive consult gynecologist and continue the pregnancy with regular antenatal checkups and ultrasound examinations.
Start folic acid supplementation from now-onwards.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.