Had miscarriage. Having fever, weakness and stomach pain. Took i pill after sex. Cause for fever?

May 2013
Hi I am 25 yrs old female,I had my first sex a few weeks ago,5-6 days after I had sex I came to know that I am pregnant.Due to stomach cramps I had a miscarriage,but after that day I have had fever,weakness and pain in the stomach ,I also had sex 2 days back but there was no penetration still i took i-pill,(2 doses at an interval of 12 hours)what can be the causes of fever and what can I do to prevent it?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 40 minutes later

The history you have given is not relevant at some points.
-Usually in case of regular periods, the ovulation will occur around the middle of the month.
And it will take around 2 weeks after intercourse to get the positive pregnancy test.
-Abdominal cramps may not be responsible for miscarriage but the miscarriage may be associated with them.
-Usually you have to take only one i pill and no need to take two pills.

The possible causes of fever etc are:
-Pelvic infection due to intercourse
-If you undergone any procedure for miscarriage, that can also lead to infection and fever.

You can prevent these by using regular contraceptive methods preferably barrier methods.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.