Had mirena iud inserted. Started bleeding and having cramping. Bowel movements painful. Suggest

Mar 2013
hi i had a mirena iud inserted almost two weeks ago..i was my second because my first fell out of place in January..i have for the past two hours starting bleeding more and having severe cramping..but now also problems using the bowel movements are very painfull..could this be because the iud has fallen out again or is it just menstrual cramps
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
COuld you let me know why was the Mirena inserted in the first place ?
The symptoms you describe could be due to either a heavy period or menstrual cramps, or due to misplaced Mirena, if you had these symptoms initially for which the device was inserted .
Try and feel the thread.
Better would be to consult your healthcare provider and to confirm if the Mirena is in situ.
take care, and feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Had mirena iud inserted. Started bleeding and having cramping. Bowel movements painful. Suggest 26 minutes later
my mirena was inserted due to heavy periods because i take blood thinner due to problems with my heart in past.

i cant feel the thread but i have never been able to feel them
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 0 minute later
If you havent ever been able to feel the thread, it is all the more reason to see a doctor and confirm if it is in there safely.