Had mirena coil removed. Getting heavy bleeding. Planning to conceive. Looking for advice

May 2013
I had the mirena coil removed on the 9th of this month and had a heavy bleed for a few days afterwards.
My husband and myself are eager to have a child and would like to know if you could tell me this best time I may ovulate. I didnt usually have periods on mirena but had a couple of days bleeding on the 22nd of XXXXXXX
Thanks for your help,
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

your bleeding after removal of mirena could be withdrawal bleeding,

normally while on hormonal contraception you will have anovulatory cycles or amenorrhea or if bleeding occurs that could be breakthrough bleeding,

so after stopping that your ovulation has to return for fertilization to occur,
the returning time of ovulation varies usually, in some women it can return immediately in the next cycle, in others it may take few months,
and also if you had any menstrual irregularities before putting mirena those may return,

so in case of regular cycles woman will ovulate between 12th to 16th day usually, but now it is difficult to say regarding your ovulation, as you had withdrawal bleeding after removal of mirena, you can trace ovulation with kits after 13th day from the first day of bleed, and plan intercourse according to the result at least on alternative days,
or you consult gynecologist undergo follicular study means measuring size of follicle in ultrasound which will possibly find out whether ovulation is going to occur or not, then depending on that you can plan intercourse.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.