Had mild concussion, having night sweats and sharp pain in frontal lobe. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013

My 17 year old son had a mild concussion two weeks ago during football practice. He is now having night sweats, and sometimes sharp pains in his left frontal lobe. Is this something to be concerned about?
Posted Sun, 23 Dec 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 37 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure you that your son's current symptoms do not point to any serious XXXXXXX brain injury.

These symptoms are transient and mostly resolve on their own in a few weeks.

Analgesics such as ibuprofen may be used, if pain is troublesome.

There is no need to worry at present. If symptoms persist for long, a CT scan of head may be done.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist