Had mild TB, was on medication. Any future problem?

I am applying for Australian VISA wp 457 , my wife is applying with me as a dependent ,she had a medical history where in at the age of 8 she had mild TB , she was put on medication and then she was fine .Now she is 27 fit and fine , I am attaching an xray report taken about 6 months back can you have a look and suggest if there is any scar on anything that can create a probelm for issuing visa
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 16 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

I saw her Xray.

There is no fibrotic scarring or an opacity indicative of any ongoing TB infection in the lungs.
Usually old healed TB leaves fibrotic strands or cavities in the upper lobes of lungs.

If she has no other symptoms (cough, breathlessness, chest pain, weight loss), there is unlikely to be any problem.
The Xray is acceptable.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!
Follow-up: Had mild TB, was on medication. Any future problem? 27 hours later
Thanks Dr .
Actually 6 month back she had cough , and the cough wouldn't go for 10 15 days, the DR she went to did all the test chest and blood and everything was clear with some medication the cough subsided.

15 days back she had again cough , no fever , no head ache breathlessness no other symptom , when she went to a physician , the Dr gave her some antibiotics , she took the course for 5 days but the cough didnt subside...the cough is productive ...but doesnt happen generally at night .After going to the physician again he said it is an allergy and gave her these medicines
Stafcure,Domcaf,AB Phylline , ambrodil -s ( 3 day course)
But she has been 2 days on this but hasnt really felt much of a has been about 15 days + but the cough hasnt subsided We plan to take her again .I am a bit worried please advise.
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 5 hours later
If it is an unresolving cough, all effort should be made to look for TB recativation.

I would advise 3 consecutive days of sputum sample for TB bacilli (AFB ) by Zn staining and culture.

Normal looking Xray does not rule out TB.

Hope it is just allergy.