Had mifepriston from MTP kit, till that no symptoms or bleeding. Suggest right way to terminate pregnancy?

Question
hello sir/mam

by today at 12:30 i had a one tablet mifepriston from mtp kit (cipla), till that i didn't bleed as well as no symtomps occur......... after how late i should to take another 4 tablets of misoprostol........... i am confused tell me the right way to end the pregnancy of 7-8 week throught MTP kit
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
misoprostol and mifiprestone) is effective if pregnancy is less than seven weeks. Get an ultrasound done to confirm the period of gestation. If it is less than 7 weeks then MTP by medical methods can be done.
Misoprostal is taken after 6-8 hours of taking mifepristone. Misoprostol 2 tablets are placed in the vagina and the dose is repeated after 12 hours if no bleeding starts. The misoprostol tablets will cause you to have cramps and bleed heavily. This usually starts about 2 hours after using the misoprostol and the process of abortion is completed within 4 or 5 hours after taking the misoprostol.

After abortion, you will have to take a repeat ultrasound to check the status of pregnancy. If there are any retained products of conception then you may need a D+C (dilatation and curettage).
These drugs are to be taken under Medical Supervision as it can cause serious side effects as nausea,vomiting, fever, pain, excessive vaginal bleeding and sometimes incomplete abortion can also occur causing the remnants to remain.
Please do not use these without a medical supervision.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had mifepriston from MTP kit, till that no symptoms or bleeding. Suggest right way to terminate pregnancy? 18 hours later
can we take the misoprostol under the toungh exept verginal

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 0 minute later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It can be taken under the tongue also but then it is associated with more systemic side effects like chills, rigor, nausea, fever, diarrhea, abdominal cramps, etc.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Had mifepriston from MTP kit, till that no symptoms or bleeding. Suggest right way to terminate pregnancy? 1 hour later
dear sir

one more ques need to ask u, in a kit 5 tablets is avalable only one mifepristone nd 4 misoprostol so is there any need to take another 2 tablets of misoprostol...................................kindly reply soon i had that 4 pills of misoprostol right now under tongue...............

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
If you have already taken those four tablets then there is no need to take four more tablets.
Do consult a gynecologist for a physical examination in case of complications.
Regards.