Had mefigest. Feel fatigued. Help?

May 2013
on 29 may i had my dose of mefigest,followed by second dose 48 hours later on 31 may which induced release of clot like bleeding.....after that i conducted 3 preganews tests....all results negative....though at times I feel slightly fatigued....when is the likely date of my periods to resume....
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 20 minutes later

According to your description I am taking it granted that you took the pills for abortion after confirmation of the pregnancy and with your doctor's advice.
As at present there is no bleeding, pain abdomen etc. there is less possibility for retained products.
As there will be some amount of blood loss during the abortion, fatigue can be seen for few days till the blood levels become normal.
So you have to take nutritious diet containing vegetables, fruits, milk, eggs, meat etc.
With your doctor's advice you can take iron supplements also.
Usually after one month of the abortion you can get your periods. But this time period can differ from women to women depending on their general condition, hemoglobin levels, gestational age at which abortion occurred etc.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Had mefigest. Feel fatigued. Help? 7 hours later
At times a feeling of breathlessness is.there...... and also tingling sensation in the hips......and till what period is a surgical abortion safe?how genuine are the prega news tests....since they are negative in my case can I take them as final in my case?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later

Anemia can lead to breathlessness sometimes. Tingling etc. are nonspecific to medical abortion.
If the symptoms persist once go for complete blood picture examination.
Surgical abortion can be done upto around 12 weeks.
Urine pregnancy test kits are not 100% accurate, they can give false positive and negative results sometimes.
You can go for ultrasound once to confirm the completion of abortion.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.