Had medical abortion. Will this cause any problems in uterus? Can I conceive with no issues?

Question
Hi, I am XXXXXXX- 30 year old (early 30's). Trying to get pregnant. We started to plan beginning of this year - 2012. My query is -- in XXXXXXX 2010, I was pregnant and didn’t want to continue - had did Medical abortion (via consultation of gynecologist). I have also taken emergency contraceptive pills 5-6 in past 2 years, but not used from Jan-2012 Will this cause any problems in uterus? Can I conceive with no issues?
Posted Sat, 6 Oct 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Emergency pill has no long-term or serious side effects, and is safe to use for almost every woman.
No long-term studies to evaluate the carcinogenic potential of mifepristone(MT pills) have been performed. Results from studies conducted in vitro and in animals have revealed no genotoxic potential for mifepristone.
So if your periods are regular, you can plan your pregnancy without any stress & anxiety.
If there occurs regular period, have intercourse on 11, 13, 15, 17, 19th day of your cycle to get maximum result.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.

Dr.Monika

Follow-up: Had medical abortion. Will this cause any problems in uterus? Can I conceive with no issues? 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply Doctor.

This gives a relief in mind.
I got my period yesterday Sept 16, 2012. My periods are regular but sometimes I have 27-day cycle and sometimes 28-day cycle.
So could you please suggest me -
• approx ovulation dates?
• And should I follow the same days for intercourse as you suggested earlier.
• Are there any myths to be followed as I see many articles like - missionary position is best, need have intercourse in morning or in evening etc...?

Lot of confusion; so any advises, please...

Thanks,
XXXXXXX.

Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back.
Your periods are regular & ovulation occurs 14 days before your due date means your due date is 13-14 October & ovulation will occur around 29-30th September.
Your intercourse days will remain same means on 11,13,15,17,19th day of your cycle.
Life span of ovum is of 24-48 hrs, so I have advised to have sex on alternate days.
You can have sex in any position & at any time, main thing is ejaculation should be inside the vagina.
Chances of getting pregnant in one cycle are 15-20% after having sex in fertile period. So if you do not conceive in one cycle, don't lose hope & try again.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, then please close the discussion by rating it.

Dr.Monika choudhary