Had masturbation and now penis is not responding well and not becoming harder. Suggest?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Dec 2014
Dec 2014

Psychiatrist
Question
I'm 21 years old. I masturbated almost once daily and sometimes it exceeds to thrice in a day. But now I am facing an unusual thing. My penis hasn't been responding to certain things like it should. It's like I actually have to touch my penis to get it hard. It won't go hard, just semi-hard with no touching. AND when it is hard, it's not at full size. Very close to full size, but still not at it's peak.I searched over the forums and found that this may be due to excess masturbating.Now i stopped masturbating for a while but there is no change in my penis response, will you please suggest me what is the problem i am facing?is there any chance to overcome it
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Masturbation is a healthy practice and a safe method for self gratification. It is done by most of males in their life time, masturbation once or twice per day does not have much affect. But it's excess sometimes cause side effects. Usually a person start masturbation with fantasy thinking and then some times gradually proceed to pictures and then to pornographic movies and other materials. This result in increased threshold of stimulation and things which used to give excitement fails to give excitement with time. Development of tolerance occurs. Similar thing is happening in your case. There is nothing wrong in you.

Try relaxation methods like breathing exercises, progressive muscle relaxation exercises etc. These things will increase confidence in you. For some time avoid masturbation and you will see improvement. Please check whether you are getting early morning spontaneous erections, which are common in most of males.

If no improvement occur then visit a Psychiatrist for opinion. Herbal medicines like Confido, Tantex Forte etc are very useful. Before visiting please wait for two more weeks to see spontaneous improvement.

Hope this helps you, if you have more questions you can ask again.

Thanks

Follow-up: Had masturbation and now penis is not responding well and not becoming harder. Suggest? 41 minutes later
will sperm quantity reduces by doing mastrubation

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

Masturbation has no effect on sperm quality and quantity. Although continuous mastuurbation in a day may occasionally result in decreased semen secretion but sperms are not affected.

Thanks

Follow-up: Had masturbation and now penis is not responding well and not becoming harder. Suggest? 31 minutes later
if i stop masturbation for certain days will semen increases ?how many days should i give gap please tell me .so due to blood circulation in penis our penis will raises know then in my case what is happening?how to overcome it
f guy stop masturbation will it causes any harm to his life
and so generally excess masturbation causes low sex-drive haa??

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Yes if you abstain yourself for even 3-5 days the quantity of ejaculate increases. This is a normal phenomenon as seminal vesicles which store semen discharge in excess amount.

Normally for proper erection blood supply to penis should remain intact. You are absolutely normal as you are getting adequate erection on manual stimulation.

There is no harm in doing masturbation and also stopping masturbation will not affect your health. It has nothing to do with sexual drive.

Thanks