Had masturbation. Continued have one after another. tkaign detox. What is happening?

Something strange is happening. I assure you I am most serious, this is not a joke.
Most men ejaculate, go flacid for 15 minutes or so, then can perform again.
Yesterday, upon returning home from a 6 day lock up in a detox, I began masturbating. After a very quick yet intense orgasim, I didn't 'go down', I continued masturbating, and continued to have one intense orgasim after another at short intervals. After the fourth one, I began getting soft, yet still semi erect. Went to sleep, and woke up erect. I once heard of something called Pryapism.
Please tell me what is happening to me?
Thank you sincerely.
Prior to my detox, I rarely got erections, and when I did, if I could even ejaculate at all, it was 'dry'. Other info : I am 49.
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 16 hours later

Thanks for the query

I do sincerely consider that your symptoms that you are experiencing is genuine

Priapism means painful persistent erection. I do underline the word painful more than persistent

I presume from your description that your erection was though was there for long time but was not painful. Correct me if I am not right

Can you kindly clarify with what medications were you detoxified ? and on what substance were you dependent on ?

I would answer you better after I get clarification from you

I await your response
Follow-up: Had masturbation. Continued have one after another. tkaign detox. What is happening? 2 hours later
Thank you. I was detoxing from Klonopin a 10mg daily dose for 15 years. I also got off a few SSRI's and Vicodin. That was replaced with Trazadone, Librium and Keppra. I still however take a myriad of other medications for blood pressure, enlarged prostate, and singular. Thank you again.
Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 3 hours later
Thank you

One of the side effect of Trazodone is priapism.

Issues related to high blood pressure, antihypertensives and medicines for enlarged prostate , in early phases of "off SSRI "can be associated with such issues that you are referring to, indirectly, though not directly.

You did not mention whether the erection was painful ! Moreover, did you attain orgasm with all 4 episodes of ejaculation and did you spend quality time in fantasy, foreplay etc before masturbation

A better way of clarifying all these issues is to do a penile doppler study which will help your doctor to diagnose. Consult a urologist in this regard