Had masturbated without ejaculation before PSA test and levels were high. Related?

Jul 2016

I masturbated without ejaculation 12 hrs before a psa test I had today. Could masturbation alone raise psa levels?
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No, it will not alter PSA levels.

Detailed Answer:

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have masturbated 12 hours before collecting blood sample to estimate Serum PSA..

Serum PSA is a enzyme secreted by prostate and it's level is basic landmark in screening of cancer of the prostate.It gets altered only when prostate is massaged or stimulated by rectal examination which does not happen in masturbation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you