Had mastectomy done. Having tightness in neck, pain in shoulder and spine. Underlying cause?

I would like to know 5 years ago I had a mastectomy done on left breast since then I have had pain that pulls into my left shoulder blade into my spine, I also get tightness in my left side of neck, it makes me feel fatigued at times its like I are going to pass out I become like a hot passing feeling I was told lymphedema and menopause but this is no joke anymore as effecting my work please help I have tried all the exercises I were given but only temporarily releives
regards XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Feeling of fatigue and passing out may be features which can be explained by hot flushes of menopause but pain in the arm and breast region is apparently related to surgery and the related neuronal injury and the scars.
There is frequently a boring pain which troubles patients after mastectomy.
Antidepressants and the gabapentin are very helpful in reducing this discomfort.
Continue the exercises as your routine is and get these medicines prescribed by a local clinician. These drugs need to be taken regularly and and for long periods for good results.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.