Had lumbar facet. Gone through epidural injections and chiropractor. Alternate treatment?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013

Neurologist
Question
Recently just had a lumbar facet nbl, it hurt pretty bad and i am noticing a small differance. I have gone through many things epidural injections , Chiropractor and a DO , if this doesnt work what would some doctors want to do next?
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 46 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

For your symptom relief, following other treatment optiins are available:

1. Medications such as tramadol, gabapentin, pregabalin, etc.

2. Physiotherapy- including exercises, ultrasound, IFT, traction, etc.

3. In some cases, surgery may be useful.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: Had lumbar facet. Gone through epidural injections and chiropractor. Alternate treatment? 4 minutes later
I am on lyrica tried gabapentiin on methocrabmal as well an pain med, but of course my goal is to get off my pain meds and mind other ways to help my back! Whats left that could be tried like i said before had the nerve block done yesterday and yhe epidural shots 3 times last year what possible things could he want to do next? Ive been through thearpy ect

Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 8 minutes later
Thank you for getting back with more details.

As I see it, you are on correct and best treatments. Also, the sequence of treatment seems to be the best practice followed in the best medical centers.

I expect you to improve soon with the current treatments.

The only next step in case you do not improve is surgery.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM