Had lower back injury. Feeling sciatica pain. What treatment should be done?

I had an x XXXXXXX a month ago during my lower back injury and the doctor informed me that one of the space between disc of my lower back has started decreasing, which started pinching one of my nerve. He advised me to take rest for 2 weeks and asked me to use Myolgin capsules everyday for 10 days. Also, he gave me a pain reliever cream namely VOltaren and i have been using it regularly. Sir, right now when i sit i feel the sciatica pain but when i jog or walk, I feel much better. The sciatica pain starts when i am laying down or sitting. Sir, is there any medicines/supplements that i can take to help me? Also, since i am a student i cannot completely rest as i have to go to classes. Sir,i have a back brace/belt, can i use it while i am sitting as i have seen it helps me a lot.
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later

The medication your doctor have prescribed are right. i will suggest you to use an additional diclofenic sodium tablets twice daily and use myolgin along with vitamin B12 supplements for about a month. The belt is very much effective as it keeps the vertebral spine in position. don't sit for prolonged times and try to sleep on hard straight surface like ground or hardboard. lower back physiotherapy is also very much effective.

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask