Had lower abdominal pain. US showed pregnancy started. Gave duphaston and folic acid. HPT negative. Had polyp operation

i visited my gynecc on 20/7/2013 since i had lower abdominal pain. he scanned me and told that pregnancy has just begin. he gave me duphaston and folic acid tablets . today id 4 thday of my missing period. but today morning test is negative. i ams still having lower abdiminal crams. what should i do?.I HAS BEEN OPERATED FOR POLYP ON 28/1/2013. I AM ALSO FEELING HUNDRY. AND XXXXXXX HAVING FREQUENT URINATION
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
I think you have seen your doctor on 20 XXXXXXX rather then July. I don't think it is possible for any doctor to see a pregnancy before a missed period. Doctor must have seen a mature follicle as far as I understand! if this is not the case please explain it further so that I can help you better.
Home pregnancy test may be falsely negative in early pregnancy. If your doctor has scanned you by ultrasound after you missed your period & he is sure that pregnancy is intrauterine then there is not much you can do apart from taking rest & your prescribed medicine.
If the pain or cramps are sever then you MUST get back to a gynecologist & request a trans-vaginal ultrasound & a blood test called beta hCG. These are very helpful tests to find out early pregnancy complications like ectopic pregnancy or an early miscarriage.
I have provided you with some basic information. Please write back if you need more help.
This is reassuring that you are still having signs of early pregnancy. You should avoid stress & fatigue & hope for the best.
Follow-up: Had lower abdominal pain. US showed pregnancy started. Gave duphaston and folic acid. HPT negative. Had polyp operation 22 hours later
I visited gynec.he says since pregnancy test is pregnancy is clinically dead. He did scanning also. What to do?
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 25 hours later
Thanks for your question & sorry for my late reply.
Further course of action depends upon scan finding. If there is nothing present on ultrasound, you don't have to do anything, just wait & see.
If the sac is present then at this early stage, I suggest you to wait for two weeks & go for a repeat ultrasound to make sure if fetal heart beat has appeared or not.
If you want an early decision then please go for that blood testing, I suggested you early ( beta hCG ). This test is very helpful in deciding the fate of these early pregnancy problems. Coupled with a trans vaginal ultrasound, this test can help resolve your confusion.
IF you can upload reports of these two tests to me, I can surely give you a clear line of action.
Hope I have addressed your concerns, please write back if you need further clarification.
Best of luck.
Follow-up: Had lower abdominal pain. US showed pregnancy started. Gave duphaston and folic acid. HPT negative. Had polyp operation 20 hours later
thanks for reply. i am attaching herewith scanned copy of ultrasound picture of uterus on 1/07/2013. i also want to know what bas effects dophaston tablets have on early pregnancy.?
Welcome back.
I have seen your scan picture, actually I needed the full detailed report issued by the doctor in writing & not just the ultrasound picture. As sometimes it may not be appropriate to make a diagnosis on a picture alone which shows just a single view at a given time. However, a written report tell us the overall findings. To me it shows an empty uterus. Which means nothing need to be done, but please send me a full report along with beta hCG levels for a confirm diagnosis.
Duphaston is very commonly used in early pregnancy to give hormonal support in women with suspected hormone deficiency. Aim is to prevent miscarriage. Although it has many side effects for the pregnant women, It is not likely to harm an early pregnancy.
Please contact back with complete report for a more satisfactory answer.
Best regards.