Ask a Urologist   »  

Had low urinary flow before taking energy supplement Life Shotz but is causing tachycardia symptoms. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I was experiencing low urinary flow until I began to take an energy supplement called Life Shotz. It has increased my flow, but I suspect is is causing tachycardia symptoms. I am under the care of a cardiologist for the tachycardia. My question is what could I take instead to increase urinary flow, a missing nutrient that the Life Shotz is supplying?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Life Shotz contains cranberries and blueberries extracts. Cranberries are know to improve urinary tract condition. So most likely this was causing your urinary flow improvement. You may try cranberries supplements.

Urinary flow problems can be a symptom of benign prostate enlargement or prostate cancer. That is why, its very important to do not ignore such symptoms. I suggest you to have PSA level checked and rectal examination performed by urologist. In case of elevated PSA level, transrectal ultrasound should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.