Had lithotripsy to remove stone. Have stent also removed. On anti biotics, percocet and tamulosin. Noticed white discharge from penis. Remedy?

Jul 2016

I just had lithotripsy to remove a stone i had for 7 months. I also had a stent put in about a month ago that was removed after the lithotripsy. The stent was crystallized and bloody. I am now on anti biotics, percocet and tamulosin. It's been 3 days sits the procedure and I have started having painless white discharge from my penis, been feeling particularly lethargic today. Should i be worried?
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had stone in the kidney and D.Jstent was put in renal unit which was followed by ESWL to crush the stone.

The stent has been removed 3 days back and now you are passing white coloured discharge from the penis..

D.J stent is a foreign body and there is always foreign body reaction causing inflammation of the ureter (Ureteritis) that results into excessive secretion of thick white mucus from the inflamed mucosa which is discharged as a white thick material from urethra for a week till inflammation subsides.

There is nothing to worry ,continue to take antibiotics and ensure to drink more water,It will get resolved within a week.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you