Had liposuction on mons pubis. Taking antibiotics. Swelling at the surgery site. Infection chances?

My wife had liposuction of her mons pubis on April 24th of this year. She has been on 3 different antibiotics with no results. She has a hard swollen area near the bottom of her mons and at a few inches above that a horizontal "roll" of hard tissue. What's going on here? She's due to see an infectious disease specialist but my gut beeling is that some sort of physical trauma/damage occurred during the procedure.
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 7 hours later

Based on the description, I think your wife is having "indurations" at surgical site. This is often seen after surgery as a response of tissue to surgery. Treatment includes hot fomentation, seratipeptidase tablets, etc.

In my opinion you should consult local surgeon / plastic surgeon for examination of the liposuction site. You along with your surgeon will be able to manage this issue using any of the aforementioned options.

Induration takes time to heal. This may take a few months or so. So do not worry.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more queries.

Best wishes