Had lipoma removed. Taking amlodipine to control BP and diclofenlic sodium. Safe if taken together?

I have just had a 1 kg lipoma removed under general anaestic. My surgeon knows I am taking amlodipine to control my blood pressure, and has given me a 9 day course of diclofenlic sodium. Are they safe to be taken together
Posted Sun, 27 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 12 hours later

I read your question with interest. As you are aware Diclofenac Sodium is a non steroidal analgesic frequently administered in postoperative painful condition. Amlodipine is calcium channel blocker and it is an effective drug to control blood pressure elevation.

As far as medical science goes there is no documented incidence of interaction between these two frequently used drugs, therefore, I see no cause for worry. Nevertheless, if you are having any problems ask your doctor again and get reassured on this count and if you have read it somewhere let me know as follow up question.
Taking of both drugs together for short duration of time is SAFE.
With best wishes, for your speedy recovery.

Dr Anil Grover