Had lipoma over diaphragm and scheduled for MRI. Will it start growing?

Yes, Hi, I am 60 yrs. old. I have had a lipoma over my diaphram for 10 yrs. It is 5 centimeters wide and about a half an inch , I am going to schedule a MRI in 2 weeks. I have never had surgery.So I am very skeptical of this whole procedure to have this taken out. It is getting bigger and I am concerned. It was subcutaneous, but I am worried it might start growing into other things. Can you give me some insite into this?? thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lipomas,Easy removal, no worries,60yrs surgry fit? Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX! Lipomas are benign tumors and totally harmless unless in a location causing trouble and should be removed. It can be removed either totally (total resection) or near totally (Near Total Resection). It's a simple procedure. Diaghpragmatic lipomas can be easily removed by VATS (video assisted thoracoscopic surgeries). However before going through with the procedure discuss about risks of anaesthesia with your doctors. I wish you best of luck for your lipoma. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications Regards Dr Khan