Had lipo suction on stomach. Have bloated stomach. Any relation?

I had Lipo suction on my stomach, lower stomach, back and love handles. 3months ago, age 57, female. My upper stomach still is bloated and most of the time hard . Will this resolve in time or should I have another lipo in this area? It hurts me to exercise because I have arthritis, fibro , gerd.
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bloating due to GERD, hardness due to muscles

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

The procedure of liposuction includes removal of fat superficially, as this fat is subcutaneous and is located just below the skin. There can be no effects of the procedure to XXXXXXX organs.

In my opinion, the abdominal bloating can and most probably is attributed to your GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), as it is a common symptom. You should visit your doctor and get antacids or histamine H2 receptor antagonists added to your treatment regimen, this will take care of the abdominal bloating.

As muscle is located below the subcutaneous fat, once the fat is removed, the muscle can easily be felt superficially, this could be the cause for the hardness that you are feeling in your upper abdomen. But it would still be a good idea for you to revisit your doctor. Unless you have put on weight in the same regions, a liposuction would not be required.

I hope this information helps clarify your doubts. Do write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.