Had leg pain and dizziness after jumping into concrete vault. Should I be worried about fracture?

I jumped down into a concrete vault at work.It was about a 5 foot drop.When I landed,my entire left leg hurt and I felt dizzy and and almost vomited.The pain then went to my calf area only and I got treatment on the calf at work and kept working.Today my ankle,knee and shin also are hurting very much.Could this be because of the impact of the jump?Or is it possible i fractured my leg?
Posted Sat, 7 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is a possibility of fracture. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. A fall of this nature is prone to fracture, muscle and tendon injury. The persistent nature of the pain indicates that there is an underlying injury. If there is swelling of the area than the chance of fracture is high. I would advice my patient to undergo an X ray of the area to rule out any fracture. Rest to the area improves the soft tissue injury. Prescribe analgesic for pain. If the symptoms are not improving in a day or two than consult an Orthopedician for evaluation and treatment. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarification. Regards.