Had leg injury few years ago. Facing walking difficulty with chronic pain. X-ray done. Prognosis?

8 Years ago, I had a large wooden easel fall on my leg. For several weeks I had chronic pain and tenderness on the skin of my XXXXXXX area. I had gone to a campus health center and they sent me for an x-ray. The person told me I would get the results at the health clinic which instead I was annoyed and just continued to walk on it despite the constant pain. Now whenever I walk at a faster speed or try to exercise I have an intense burning from the location and it continues to hurt. I also have an uneven pelvis with the same side as the leg being .5 inches shorter, which causes my knee to hyper extend. I my foot also rolls inward since the incident 8 years ago. What should I do?
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later

The pain in the leg you had 8 years ago could probably be due to an ignored hair line fracture of the bones.

Such minor fractures may sometimes not unite or unite improperly leading to chronic pains which can linger on for years and cause permanent changes in the limb. The limp caused by the pain could have lead to the other skeletal deformities which you have noticed recently.

I suggest you to visit an Orthpedician who may order for a Bone Computed Tomography scan (CT) which can identify any such mal-unions in the leg bones and help to manage.

Also, you may have to consult a Physiotherapist who shall advice you exercises to overcome the skeletal deformity.

Hope, I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.