Had leg fracture but doctors suggest back problem. What should I do?

Spine Surgeon
Please suggest on the attached doctor report for my father, 2 months back he had a leg fracture and now the doctors are telling about the back problem, he has been asked for full rest and os there any faster and better recovery option
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: rest, physiotherapy and medicine will help Detailed Answer: Thanks for writing to us. He has L45 spondylosis. I would suggest to send me the spine Xrays. You have a feature to upload the images/reports by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it. What are complaints? Back pain? Leg pain? Tingling or numbness in legs? If only back pain then he should take rest for about a week. In addition few sessions of physiotherapy such as Interferrential therapy will fasten the recovery. Start on anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxant medicine as well. If leg pain, then need to get MRI lumbar spine to look for any nerve pressure. Thanks.