Had last period in December. How to calculate my due date?

I cannot remember if I had a cycle in January. The doctor said my due date is OCTOBER 14TH 2013. This is my first pregnancy and I have always had normal cycles that last 28 days. I had my first ultrasound done on 2/26/13 and my measurements were 6weeks and 4days
I would had a cycle in January if my due date is indeed correct? Is it possible my last cycle was December 15 which I know I did indeed have
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
The best way to know the date of conception is by ultrasound in first two months.
If your baby had parameters of 06 weeks and 4 days on 26th Feb, then your last menstrual period should have been near 7th January.Since you had your periods on 15th December, it means that you had a delayed ovulation and conception.
You can have a repeat scan now to monitor the growth of the baby. The delayed conception is a well known phenomenon. The due date calculated by ultrasound scan is more correct.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.