Had laser face lift. Should I use ice?

I had a laser face lift on Friday. What is the proper care of my face and neck now. Should I use ice? How do I wash my face?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sunscreen, moisturizer and ice

Detailed Answer:

LASER face and neck lift is done by coagulation of collagen fibres using LASER energy.
You need to take the following precautions. Post LASER.

1. Use of sunscreen with spf of at least 30 is must in day.
2. In night you can apply a moisturizer containing Vitamin E. Remember to apply the creams from below upward and not in opposite direction.
3. LASER treated area should not be rubbed much.
4. Yes you can use ice. It will prevent the burning sensation and help in further coagulation of the collagen.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Follow-up: Had laser face lift. Should I use ice? 1 hour later
My Plastic Surgeon has me applying A&D ointment. I have been using a warm cloth to XXXXXXX my face several times a day, then reapplying the ointment. I have enclosed some pictures of my face after The Laser. You said I could use ice. So, would that help bring the swelling down, or just to aid in discomfort? My other question was when can I start using soap to wash my face? I am applying the ointment 2 or 3 times a day to avoid the crustiness that forms on my face. My procedure is as follows: Upon waking, I apply a warm cloth, patting down the area that had Lasered. I then apply the A&D ointment. I repeat when my face feels like it is getting dried out. If I had the Procedure on 10/4/13, what time frame would be reasonable to expect my face to be able to handle being washed by soap, and also, the amount of time to expect my face to not be swollen?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the follow up and the photographs,

A and D is a vitamin mixture.
It will help in faster healing.
Ice will help in reducing inflammation and redness.
You can start using soap when the redness is gone,
It may take another one week for the redness to subside.
If the redness still prevails, you can use a mild steroid cream like hydrocortisone in night.

Thank you