Had laser done for acne scarring. Face always looks red. What should I do?

I just had ipl laser done for acne scarring, my face is always red, what should I do? Whats a laser treatment for redness that I can get done? I don't want to continue these ipl treatments for scarring because its not that bad, its just the redness and red marks that put me down. Need help. Options?
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 8 days later
Brief Answer:
Post IPL redness

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Redness post laser for scar treatment is normally expected and the doctor would have mentioned it to you prior to the procedure. I want to know how many days back was the procedure done ?
IPL has a setting for persistent erythematous macules of acne and it is considered as an effective treatment modality in this case. But it does not give benefit in all cases and in some the redness may increase.
Another treatment which will help is microcurrent.
If you are using creams containing benzoyl peroxide it is better to stop it.
Sunscreen is an absolute must and it is better to use a broad spectrum sunscreen which is non comedogenic in the sensitive range.
Hope this helped,
If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.