Had laparoscopic appendectomy. Lower abdominal pain when bending knees. What could cause that?

I had laparoscopic appendectomy about 10 days ago and I was doing fine until 2 days ago. I started to have a pain on my lower abdomen area (especially when I bend my knees) and it has not been gone away. What could cause that? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
The pace of recovery after an appendectomy is directly proportional to the patient's overall health. Patients can expect to resume their normal activities about 2 to 3 weeks after surgery. Presently i don't think you need to worry much, it needs some time for full recovery. I advice you to restrict the activity that is causing pain.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.