Had labral tear and surgery. Have pain in hip. MRI was normal. Suggest?

Spine Surgeon
Question
i HAD A LABRAL TEAR AND HAD SURGERY ON NOW MY HIP IS SO PAINFULL THIS IS THE MRI I HAD AND THE DOC SAID EVERYTHING LOOKED GOOD...
THEN WHY AM I IN SO MUCH PAIN
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 19 days later

Thank you for sharing your problem with me.

Your MRI does report capsule of the hip joint being stuck at some places.

Do you have difficulty in movement of your hip? If so it could be due to the tightness of the capsule, for which pain medications with aggressive physical therapy to improve the range of movements of your hip would be needed. If pain persists further you could visit your pain physician who could instil some medicines right inside your hip to reduce pain.

Let me know if you need additional information.